Friday, September 14, 2012

 

Day 2397 - I Want Some Clam Cakes!

Greetings, Bloggy Crustaceans-

It's Friday, Hooray! 

You know what to do, march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

I LOVE Rhode Island Clam Cakes.  I can't find them anywhere else.

Some places in Maine have Clam Cakes, but they are more like a crab cake patty.

The kind of Clam Cake I like is a light, fluffy fritter batter with lots of chunks of clam in them.

I had Clam Cakes twice while I was on vacation in Newport, R.I.  - a dozen was $10.95 at a local pizza place (that also serves seafood). 

My favorite place for clam cakes (Salas's) is being rebuilt, it closed earlier this year on my birthday!!



Comments:
I can't believe I "frittered" away my time in Newport and didn't have any yummy clam cakes!

Regarding yesterday's blog, I don't really have any ideas for a ghost walk so I'll leave it to your creative energy, and to others who may have some ghostly ideas! Or is it ghastly?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?