Tuesday, July 17, 2012

 

Day 2338 - Twofer Tuesday!

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Hey, we tried a new place for dinner last Friday night that was recommended by a coworker.  It is between Franklin and Brentwood in the Grassland area.

The name is 'Barbara's Home Cooking', and I will go on record and say that their homemade yeast dinner rolls are flat out AMAZING.

I had fried chicken, turnip greens, and something called 'pineapple casserole' that had chunk pineapple, cheese, and a ritz cracker crumb topping.

Charlie had catfish, field peas (they look like large black eyed peas), and creamed corn. 

Charlie had room for peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert.  I didn't have room because I ate TWO ENORMOUS rolls with butter on them. (real butter, not spread).

*sigh*  Now I need to go back again on another friday and have gumbo and rolls.



Comments:
Hey I'm back!

Sounds yummy!
 
Oh jeez that sounds good. Now I'm hungry and have not much at home that is appetizing...oh well. Tomorrow is Lyn's and that's always yummy. :)
 
Karen, you would choose yummy rolls over dessert any day! And yes, I know eating at Lyn's is a real treat for you, Heather! Tonight Gil and I had a small portion of fried clams, french fries, and then a small soft serve ice cream. We are full!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?