Monday, May 28, 2012

 

Day 2288 - Memorial Day and Mommy Day!

Greetings, Bloggy Holiday and Birthday Lovers!

Today is my mother's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

It is also Memorial Day, so we can celebrate my mother's birthday, and think fondly of our fallen soldiers at the same time.

This photo of my mother is from the 1950's, by the way - isn't it awesome?  I had some old family slides converted to digital pictures a number of years ago, and they are priceless.

My mother has already opened her gift from me - we mailed it from FLORIDA while we were on vacation.

The box contained a Helen Steiner Rice book, two tops to wear, and most important - FOUR boxes of Quik Tea Ginger Chai tea.

My mother LOVES it, and the man at the Indian Grocery store where I buy it saved me a CASE to have on hand when she needs a restock! 

Happy Birthday, Mother Dearest!  We love you!


Comments:
Thank you Karen for the Happy Birthday wishes! And actually that's a good picture. It's taken somewhere at Bates as your father and I were going to a dance, I think--not sure!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?