Saturday, May 05, 2012

 

Day 2265 - The Weekend is HERE!

Greetings, Kings, Queens, and Knaves!

I know, I know.... It is Cinco De Mayo and I am not doing a Cinco De Mayo Blog.

We are attending the Tennessee Renaissance Festival this afternoon instead. That should be very fun - we haven't been in years.


They will have jousting, camel rides (no, not for ME), jugglers, and people in period costumes.

And let's not forget my favorite thing - gigantic smoked turkey drumsticks!

The only down side is the extreme heat - it's been around 90 each afternoon the past few days. 

That is pretty bloody hot for the beginning of May, if you ask me.

Maybe it was hotter in the medeival days?  I doubt it!

TTFN and have a great day!

Comments:
Karen sorry I haven't posted--tons of things to do to prepare for my 3 week trip, and my activities with Mary Ann and Peggy.

Eric and Alyssa sent me a gorgeous Betsey Johnson leopard tote with hot pink lining (my new carry on bag!) along with beautiful earrings that Eric picked out. I don't know if I've ever told them how much I love Betsey Johnson but flattered they sent me "youngish" gifts.
for my 67th (aarrggghhh) BDay. And No i didn't intentionally open presents early--the package came directly from the supplier so I didn't know it was a gift but glad I did open it to plan using the gifts for my trip.

Tomorrow we're having a May birthday sisters brunch for Peggy, Mary Ann and I and 12 others, at Cyndi's Dockside in Poland using a $250 gift certificate I won in a raffle at Christmas. Sunny and 60's forecast.

We had May poles at school several times. The 3 May birthday sisters enjoyed many May baskets in those school years. I miss them!

Potato skins--I have been to restaurants that serve potato skins as appetizer with various dips. Yummy.

Speaking of yummy-Peggy is making a chocolate cream pie today and Mary Ann and I will each have a slice before we go shopping and to see the Hunger Games (finally!)
 
Hope you enjoyed the Renaissance Festival. Gil and I also went to see Hunger Games tonight. It was very well done but the whole idea of adults and the "powers that be" enjoying young people having to kill other young people for their entertainment made me angry!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?