Saturday, April 14, 2012

 

Day 2244 - Income Tax Deadline Approacheth!


Greetings, Bloggy Tax Filers!

If you haven't filed your taxes yet... NOW is the time!

Did I ever tell you my favorite IRS story?

The IRS sent me a notice one year (many years ago) that I owed them money.

I knew they were wrong, but I sent them a check anyway.

A month or two went by, and I got another notice with a check for the amount I 'overpaid'. Well, I only overpaid because I sent them that check.

Ah well - long story short, good luck filing those taxes!

Comments:
That's a funny but true story, Karen. And probably the only way to do it without a million phone calls. We did file about a month ago, and our refund is in the savings acct. Yay!
 
My accountant e-filed my returns on Friday--now have to watch my bank account for the refunds! Yayyy!
My 3 returns (Fed, Cal., Maine) totalled 50 pages because I have rental property and because living in both states required allocation this year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?