Thursday, October 20, 2011

 

Day 2067 - Contestant Extraordinaire!


Greetings, Bloggy Bakers and Carvers!

I am entering the apple pie contest at work - I need to bring in my pie TOMORROW MORNING.

That means I need to get as much ready tonight as possible. Yesterday I picked up the apples, and also bought fresh flour and shortening for the piecrust.

It has been YEARS since I made a pie, but I figure it's like riding a bicycle - once you know how, YOU KNOW HOW for life. I used to make pies all the time.

My mother is really the queen of pie baking, but I feel confident that my submission will be acceptable.

And guess what? Yesterday at work we got an email that it is PUMPKIN CARVING contest time again! I won last year.

So... is it even conceivable to win both? I dunno, but I'm gonna try!

Comments:
Yes you can win both! Rooting for you!
 
Woohoo Mamma! Kick butt! Hope you DO win both! I'm sure you can. You rock.
 
Yes, you can win both, I'm sure! I know your apple pie will be delicious and the hit of the office! You have always been a fabulous cook! Maybe they'll have a jams and jelly contest some time. You'll win that--we can all attest to your prowess in that regard!
 
Thanks everyone! Fingers crossed!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?