Thursday, July 28, 2011

 

Day 1983 - From Sweet to Sweeter...

Greetings, Bloggy Snack Attackers!

Okay - I love Rice Krispie Treats, but I rarely make them from scratch anymore.

When I was a kid, we also made Cocoa Krispie treats, and peanut butter ones too.

I RECENTLY HAD THE BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS I EVER ATE - HANDS DOWN. THEY HAD CRUSHED UP OREO COOKIES IN THEM.

They get that 'cookies and cream' flavor when you add the oreos to them, which makes perfect sense. I think the ones in the photo have oreo pieces in them that are too big for my taste, but if they look awesome to you, give them a try!

I highly recommend them.

TTFN and let me know if YOU add something interesting to your Rice Krispie treats!

Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.cookies-in-motion.com/Rice-Krispy.html

Comments:
Those sound yummy!! I personally prefer plain, boring rice crispy treats, but some sort of chocolate would probably make them taste more like smores! (Which I've been making for me and Savi often in the microwave...yummy!) No word about the job today. Maybe tomorrow!
 
Yes, I've added melted semi-sweet chocolate bits, but I like the plain ones almost as much. Do not make them often, tho.

Vicki is visiting, or did I mention that last night? It is nice to see her!

Hope you get the job, Heather!
See you and Karen next week! I talked with Lyn tonight and she's having a big cookout on Sat. Aug. 6and suggested I invite my close friends, so will do so. You've invited Cheryl haven't you, Karen?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?