Sunday, July 03, 2011

 

Day 1958 - Name Change Alert...


Greetings, Bloggy Holiday Weekenders!

In honor of the holiday, I plan to change the title of the blog tomorrow. I'm tired of seeing 'Re-Employed and Bloggin' It', when I've been re-employed for FIVE YEARS!

It's really not a big deal, and it shouldn't alter your favorites links if you use a favorite to get to the blog. (if you have a problem, make a new link)

Yesterday I went to a craft fair with Charlie's sister and sister-in-law, and we had a great time. They had a two piece band playing in the background, and we shopped and talked and ate italian ice (kind of like sherbet) and shopped some more.

I bought some hand puppets for the grandchildren, pink ribbon earrings for myself, and fried pies for Charlie. If you've never had a southern fried pie, you don't know what you're missing. Think of a hand-held piece of pie (the British would call it a pasty) filled with fruit, and fried to golden deliciousness instead of being baked in the oven.

The ONLY bad thing - I stepped on some GUM and now I have gum and grass residue on the bottom of one of my favorite shoes. That makes me so mad!

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
I heard gum comes off easy if you put it in the freezer for a while...no idea if that works or not.
Savi saw fireworks last night for the first time ever. They were in Wareham (the town we were in for the relay) right over the water. We sat right ON THE BEACH to watch them. It was awesome! Savi loved them and just kept jumping and clapping the whole time. It was a really looooong ride, so we didn't get home to bed until Midnight. Not sure what we will do today...but Savi is ready for something! Maybe more fireworks tonight :)
 
Hi Heather!

I can just picture how much fun that was! Remember we could see fireworks in Rehoboth sometimes from the Seekonk Speedway?

We are expecting thunderstorms tomorrow night - but if they hold off, we'll be watching fireworks then! xxx
 
So we ended up at the Boston Aquarium today! Felt awful all day but it was a lot of fun anyway! Mike bunked work and took us. Yay!!
 
Can't wait for tomorrow's blog for the new name!

Happy 4th of July everyone! And happy fireworks for Savi!
 
I forgot to say that sometimes gum will come off with ice cubes rubbed over the area, then the gum chips away (if you're lucky!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?