Wednesday, June 22, 2011

 

Day 1947- Tickets, Tickets!!

Greetings, Bloggy Ticket Masters and Mistresses!

Have you been to the movies lately?

At the movie theatre we usually go to, THEY ARE NOT DISPENSING REAL TICKETS ANYMORE!

Instead, you get a thin scrap of laser printed paper, like a little piece of a grocery receipt. YUCK.

That's not a ticket, I want a real ticket!

Think of all the things that have changed or been discontinued due to technology or 'progress'. Tickets are part of that trend, I'm afraid.

Oh well, speaking of tickets and movies, we rented 'You Again' from Netflix and watched it last night, it's a cute movie.

Comments:
I missed yesterday but what a beautiful photo of Savi. She's growing up so fast and even more adorable.

This is my week of almost 17 hours of opera-Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen. I decided to stay through June so I could attend the Ring (and then found another excuse to stay thru July). Das Rheingold (2 hr/30 min, no intermission) was last night. Mary Ann, who is visiting, has bravely agreed to attend her first opera, Die Walküre, 4 hr/30 min, tonight. She may never speak to me again after that! Friday night is Siegfried, 4 hr/50 min, and Götterdämmerung on Sunday afternoon, 5 hrs and 15 min.(Peggy and I attended this Opera at the Met in 2004-one of the highlights of my life!)

On top of all this is my retirement/bon voyage party on Saturday -- I may be dozing through part of Götterdämmerung on Sunday!
 
Wow Nancy! I had no idea you were an opera junky!! I've never been, but an old friend now sings in a few different shows, so I might see her at some point. Mom, our theaters still have REAL tickets!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?