Tuesday, June 14, 2011

 

Day 1939 - Oval or round or....square?

Greetings, Bloggy Circles and Squares-

Ok, I admit it - I do NOT have a failproof system for testing that a watermelon is ripe.

I knock on it.

I make sure it is heavy for the size.

I make sure it has a butter yellow area that has been on the ground

I even think the oval kind are generally better than the round ones.

With ALL of that knowledge, I get a good watermelon maybe half the time.

So - if you have a secret that is not revealed above, TELL ME NOW!!!!

Comments:
Hey, I like those square watermelons.

I can hear Mom's voice saying "Watahmellow"
 
Cute photo Karen. I have no opinion on watermelons.
 
Never heard of square watermelon! In response to Marcia's oomment--where I heard "watahmellow" was living in Chicago where you were born, there was a fendor that walked around shouting "watahmello" so folks could come out and buy one!

Karen, funny story yesterday about the 2 guys buying beer!
 
a fendor?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?