Thursday, June 09, 2011

 

Day 1934 - Do You Come Here Often?

Greetings, Bloggy Resters and Roomers!

Before I tell my rest room story, I should mention that it is bloody well HOT here. We tied the record high yesterday, but overall it is the hottest June ever.

The Fan Fair people are here (or CMA Music Festival for newer folks), and Bonnaroo will be going on, and there will be hundreds of heat related issues.

But back to my restroom story... Monday night was the beekeepers picnic, a potluck dinner attended by beekeepers, beekeeper-wanna-bees, friends, etc. I think it's lots of fun, and my marinated pasta salad was obliterated, which means it was a success.

Before we went home, Charlie and I hit the rest rooms. The mens and ladies restrooms were side by side, and each just a 'one holer'.

Both rooms were occupied, but the mens room freed up first. Charlie gallantly offered to let me use the mens room rather than wait. I preferred to wait. Charlie entered, and another man, maybe in his 20's, got in line next to me. I was still waiting.

I told him that Charlie wouldn't be long, and that I had declined an offer to use the mens room. HEARTILY he agreed with my decision, saying 'I don't blame you! I don't even want to go in there!'

It was a hilarious thing to say, and just right for the moment.

TTFN and remember - even standing in line for the restroom can be fun!

Comments:
I well remember how hot it was when we went to Fan Fair and I'm sure it's hotter now!

Rest room story is funny-I've stood in those lines and gone into the men's room occasionally (either intentionally or unintentionally!)
 
I've been in the Men's room too, Nancy. We are the wild ones, huh? hahaha!! So proud of Grammy for finally joining Facebook. Now you wont miss any pictures! My interview yesterday went well, but I'm not taking the job. It's a solo practice so he doesn't offer ANY benefits at all. NOT good. We've been without insurance long enough!! So I'm waiting to hear back from the OB/GYN about their position. Should know tomorrow and may be back to work by monday?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?