Sunday, June 05, 2011

 

Day 1930 - Cicada Plague Update

Greetings, Rubber Baby Bloggy Bumpers! (get it?)

Here's a great photo of a cicada, I took this one off the web. Thanks, Web! They are BIG.

Yesterday I opened up the cooler that I keep in the back of the car to replace the blue ice, and there was a dead cicada bug in there.

My windshield is gross - splash marks all over it from little cicada bombs going off when I drive.

I was right next to another car yesterday, and their windshield looked exactly like mine. That means I didn't feel so guilty about driving around with guts all over the glass.

I think the plague is calming down - I don't think they're quite as loud or prevalent, and there are carcasses everywhere. A few more weeks and they will be gone for another 13 years. We have some other variety (maybe 8 year ones?) that will visit in between.

TTFN and that's it for the bug update!

Comments:
Ew. Yuk. Gross. Bzz.
 
Uggghh.
 
Remind me...I wanna come visit in 13 years for the next one!! haha!

Went to Southwick zoo today with Savi and Mike. Savi rode a camel and got to hold a little bird..and of course fed the goats and the deer. Fun time!!
 
Heather - send me a 'large' version of the camel picture, I want it for the blog!

xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?