Wednesday, June 01, 2011

 

Day 1926 - My Husband's in Hay Today...

Greetings, Bloggy Balers-

First - Hello to June! It feels like August here though, mid to upper 90's in the afternoons.

When I was at the hair salon this past Saturday, my hairdresser said something that made me smile.

We were talking about our plans for Memorial Weekend, and she said 'Well, my husband's in hay today, so I might as well work'.

I knew she meant that her husband was haying, but I enjoyed hearing her say that he was IN hay.

Many people here also say 'Sit IN the floor' rather than 'Sit ON the floor'. I don't really understand how that became a common saying, but there it is.

Another interesting difference is someone saying they were 'having their picture MADE', not having their picture TAKEN.

Isn't language interesting? TTFN and Happy June!

Comments:
I wish I could remember some of the Pennsylvania Dutch expression from when I lived (briefly) in Fleetwood, PA.

Remember Emily's graduation from High School on Sat!
 
I remember 'Let the window up!' from Dutch country!

xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?