Tuesday, May 31, 2011

 

Day 1925 - Drive by BBQ?

Greetings, Bloggy BBQ Lovers!

Did anyone else have BBQ for Memorial Day?

I have a very interesting story about how we obtained our BBQ.

We went to the health club in the morning, then stopped at home, and continued on to Amish country.

We arrived at lunchtime, and had two choices for eateries - a sandwich at the bakery, or a buffet-style place across the street from the bakery.

We stopped at the bakery, and decided to cross the street to the other place. There was a man (that we had never seen before) working on a big, portable BBQ roaster outside. He was roasting a whole pig in it! He explained it was just a small one 125 lbs. We chatted for a minute, then started for the door to go inside. He said 'Oh! We're not open yet, we open in a week, but I can make you a couple of BBQ sandwiches!'

Bottom lone - it turns out the place had changed hands since we were there last, and we were talking to the owner! His wife made us two sandwiches out of the pork he was roasting for his Memorial Day celebration, and brought them out to us, and we chatted some more. They weren't going to charge us anything for them, but we made them take $3.

It was a very interesting way to get lunch, I'll tell you! We've never done a 'drive by BBQ-ing' before, and probably never will again.

I especially love Amish country on a Monday, because it's wash day. I love to see the laundry on the line, row after row of socks and pants and dresses, all alike, but different sizes. I know, I'm strange, but it's true.

We saw fields of young corn, oats, and rye. We saw cows and horses grazing or working, and experienced that Amish country peaceful feeling that can only be found in areas without electric or telephone poles, with horse-and-buggies clip-clopping by. We bought zucchini, summer squash, zucchini bread, sorghum molasses, and fried pies. YUM!

It's the last day of May, everyone! Time to pay bills! TTFN!

Comments:
Yes, I wish we lived back when there were no cars and everything was quiet and close to nature.

And inconvenient, and no birth control, and...
 
Hey, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some
overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, great blog!
Feel free to surf my blog :: estate marketing
 
Hi this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know
if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my blog post: http://www.vienna-csrforum.com/online-consignment-shops-quality-clothing-at-affordable-prices/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?