Monday, May 30, 2011

 

Day 1924 - That's the straightest crack I've ever seen!

Greetings, Bloggy Crack Attacks!

I know what you're imagining about that title, but it's not what you think.

Charlie and I went to dinner last night after seeing 'Bridesmaids' - extremely funny, but not if you are easily embarrassed!

At dinner, Charlie and I each had a beer in a tall mug, very similar to the one shown here.

I had consumed most of my beer and then noticed a long line down one side, and I thought I had been drinking out of a broken mug! I showed it to Charlie, who started laughing, and explained that it was just a SEAM in the glass, and that he had one on his mug too.

He said that when I told him the glass was cracked, his first thought was 'That's the straightest crack I've ever seen!' Comments like that are what I live for...

And now you know the REST of the story...

Have a Happy Memorial Day, and remember those who have given all for our country.

Comments:
Happy Memorial Day everyone! A very good parade and service in the cemetary this morning, with the meaningful readings of "In Flanders Field" and the Gettysburg Address, also the speaker was excellent, (Gil was the Master of Ceremonies--always does a great job!) then lunch served at the Legion Hall of steamed RED hot dogs, potato salad, cookies, coffee, punch (small charge for this, but outside there were free chocolate popsicles and ice cream sandwiches for the marchers--yes the Boy Scouts and Middle School Band made a bee-line for these! I was looking around for Gil, and he was outside with the kids having a popsicle!

Liked your story about the cracked mug. Charlie has some dry humor, doesn't he?
 
Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day! We went to the Rehoboth Parade to see Page's oldest march with her girl scout troop. I dressed Savi and her friend Becca (Page's youngest) in matching red, white and blue outfits. They looked SO CUTE! After we spent the day cooking out and swimming in the pool for Page's step son's bday party. It was a great day!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?