Friday, May 20, 2011

 

Day 1914 - Just say NO to BAD CDs!

Greetings, Bloggy Rippers and Burners!

(That is CD talk for copying and creating CDs)

It's Friday, Hooray! You know what to do, march in a CD circle chanting 'Fri-day! Rip-off! Fri-day! Rip-off!'

I am sick of music CDs that are marketed as 'Greatest Hits' but contain poor-quality studio versions, or demo versions or earlier versions or live (and bad) versions of hit songs!

Or - to be more fair - maybe I am sick of the bad choices I am making when attempting to buy a CD?

I just got a 'Best of Petula Clark' CD. The very first song that played, which was 'Downtown' clued me in to the fact that every song would be an inferior version of the hit!

I don't deny Petula Clark was singing them, but it was NOT the hit version of ANY song on the &^%$# darned CD! I hate that! It totally ruins my enjoyment of the CD.

I also recently bought a Gladys Knight and the Pips CD. It might have been created from the original hit versions, but was not remastered so it sounds tinny and off balance.

I think there should be better CD labeling to tell you, CLEARLY AND SIMPLY that the songs contained within are NOT the original hit versions. Buyer beware!

Gee - two complaint blogs in a row?? Good thing it's Friday! TTFN and have a nice weekend!

Comments:
The Beatles CD's are kind of weird that way, too. I think the analog compared to digital is a problem, for one thing. The CD's that I got from the library of the early Beatles have two versions of everything on them. The Mono versions sound normal, the others don't.
 
Karen, I recently purchased the complete Rocky and Bullwinkle DVD's (with birthday money). After I watch them I'll send them to you and you can watch them.
 
That's funny, Marcia! That's something I would do! Ha! Ha!
 
I bought a TON of Motown CD's on Ebay and every single one stunk. The songs chosen were ok, but the versions used were awful. I'll stick to listening to Pandora on my phone now...at least that is free!
 
Aw, Heather, I'm sorry!

They've been selling these 'bad' versions for a long time, I even have cassette tapes that are like that.

It does help nowadays if you buy from a place that lets you listen to samples.

I hate to waste money that way...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?