Tuesday, May 03, 2011

 

Day 1897 - A Cloud Monster!

Holy Funnel Cloud, Batman!

I actually witnessed a pre-tornado cloud yesterday, my first one since moving here in 1994. It looked a lot like this photo - possibly even MORE well-defined.

The one I saw driving home last night had a very large and clear curve in it, but did NOT touch the ground.

At first I thought - 'Holy moly - Is THAT a tornado cloud?'

My intuition said 'yes'. Then, when I passed a local gas station and everyone was outside looking at it with binoculars, I knew it was.

I came home and turned on the weather channel to be sure we didn't have a tornado warning going on, so I guess it never touched down. Thank goodness!

Be careful out there - more storms are expected today.

Comments:
How COOL!!! As scary and devastating as tornadoes are, I would so love to SEE one in person! (safely, of course)
 
Yikes, move back up here!
 
That is frightening! Glad you are safe and sound!
 
It was both scary and cool! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?