Sunday, May 01, 2011

 

Day 1895 - May Day! May Day!

Greetings, Bloggy May Day-ers!

It's the Merry, Merry, Month of May, isn't it?

I love the month of May. The weather is much nicer than March or April, and there are lots of special events. Mothers Day is next weekend - mail your packages soon!

My mother, two of my aunts including the famous Aunt Nancy, and my sister-in-law were all born in May.

Memorial Weekend is one of my favorite holiday weekends, I am already looking forward to beach and pool season openings!

Here are two jokes about May Day - can you believe I found any?

Right Turn

Two local-yokels were driving to the next village's May Day Fair. They came to a sign that said: May Day Fair Left. ... so they turned around and went home!

How to get to the fair

A townie was looking for the May Day Fair, he stopped and asked Jethro. 'Will this road take me to the May Day Fair?'

'Oh no,' said Jethro. 'You'll have to go by yourself!'

Comments:
Hi Karen and any and all bloggers, I have been away Fri and most of Sat at a church conference, so just catching up on your blogs today. I liked the bee jokes, too. I'm not quite sure what happens when bees swarm but Gil's cousin has bees who have swarmed. Glad Charlie knows what to do! And Heather I'm so glad you are feeling better! Nope, not summer yet! We have nice green grass and blue skies today!
 
May is a great month, birthdays of ME, ME, ME, Mary Ann, and Peggy!! This is my official retirement month, and I get my first social security check on June 8--happy about the money but not about being "officially" old.

Speaking of money, for the first time in years, I (or rather CPA) filed my returns before the deadline, because I thought I might owe money this year (but didn't). The returns were filed electronically on April 12; the Ca refund appeared in my bank account on April 20, and the Fed refund on April 22--I couldn't believe it.
 
Happy Sunday! Savi and I went to Goddard Park beach for a while today to look for shells. There was a fundraiser going on for people who ride horses so there were TONS on the beach, running in the water..it was awesome! Then we went to feed the ducks and THEN we planted some flowers and veggies in the yard at home. Now we are waiting for hubby to stop working so we can go get some supper!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?