Saturday, April 23, 2011

 

Day 1887 - Happy Easter Eve!

Greetings, Bloggy Easter Bunnies!

This is one of my all-time favorite Easter photos of Savannah. Isn't it priceless?

I used to love to color Easter eggs, and I always preferred the eggs to be empty rather than hard-boiled. We would make a hole at both ends of the egg with a safety pin, then blow out the insides.

I can't remember if we made scrambled eggs from the insides, or just threw them away?? Mom, do you remember?

I stopped at the store to get milk last night on my way home.

The elderly man in front of me was buying 4 dozen eggs (they were on sale for a dollar a dozen). The lady bagging groceries asked him if he was going to be making Easter eggs out of them.

He chuckled and said 'No! I might make DEVILED eggs out of them, but not Easter Eggs!'

Today will be two hours of water aerobics, the remainder of my Easter grocery shopping, and some 'company coming' housecleaning.

TTFN and Happy Easter Eve!

Comments:
I love that photo of baby Savi, too! She's grown up so much since that photo was taken.

Liked your story of the deviled eggs, not Easter eggs. Brenda will make deviled eggs for Easter dinner, and potato salad to go with the lobster. Right now I am making a cheesecake pie in a chocolate pie crust with cherry pie filling, half of which goes into the pie shell before the cream cheese mixture, the other half as a garnish on top. Also on top is a garnish of whipped cream and sliced almonds that have been dipped in egg white, cinnamon and sugar and baked until golden brown. That's our dessert. Tonight I'll make the egg bake to have at the WPUU church after the Sunrise service up at Mary Ann's "Top O' the Mountain". (5:30am!) Happy Easter Everyone!
 
Happy Almost Easter! Just hanging around today...looking forward to putting Savi's Easter stuff together tonight! :)
 
Hi Everyone! Happy Easter!

I have been making the stock for my chicken and dumplings today, and grocery shopping as needed.

No Easter candy in this house, but I AM planning to shop for Easter chocolate clearance and take it to work!

Heather, I'll call tomorrow to talk to you and Savi!


xxxx
 
Karen, I forgot to say that I'm sure I didn't throw away the eggs that were blown out--I don't actually remember but most likely scrambled eggs became their fate!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?