Monday, April 18, 2011

 

Day 1882 - Pop Goes the... Patient?

Greetings, Monday Morning Blahgers!

Do you know the 'Pop Goes the Weasel' song?

When I was a kid, we had a Jack-in-the-box toy with a clown inside. The tune when you turned the crank was 'Pop Goes the Weasel'. I think of that Jack-in-the-box whenever I hear that song.

Anyway, I digress...

On Saturday, Charlie went to visit a relative who is recuperating in the hospital after a hip replacement operation.

Every now and then, Charlie would hear the 'Pop Goes the Weasel' song playing. He wondered if it was someones cell phone ring tone.

Finally Charlie said something to his cousin about it, asking if it was her phone. His cousin said that it was actually a 'musical alarm' that alerted the nurses when a patient had gotten out of bed when they weren't supposed to!

I think that's hilarious. 'Pop Goes the Patient' is totally appropriate!

Comments:
"Pop goes the patient"--very appropriate, and funny. Yes, I remember the "Jack in the Box" to the tune of "Pop goes the weasel"!

I remember one time driving in South Providence, slowing down and stopping for a yellow light, and the car behind me beeped the horn, passed me and drove through the red light! I think he yelled at me too.
 
Sort of gross because one of the dangers of post hip replacement is that the ball can pop out of the socket if you're not careful.
 
Hi all! That is cute. The ones at the nursing homes i used to go to just made an awful ringing sound. Not a cute song!

So my poor Savi has been sick for days. A strange sick though. At night, she coughs like she has croup. It's every second and just terrible. Makes her throw up! But during the day, she feels good in waves. She doesn't cough (unless she's napping), and she'll eat and play and do normal things sometimes, then she wears out and is miserable. I had to actually CARRY her around most of the weekend because she is so clingy and sad. She'll cry for no reason and is more than happy to stay in bed and watch tv. Its been like that since thursday. Not sure what kind of virus this is, but it's kickin her poor baby butt! Even had a fever yesterday of 101....hoping for a better nights sleep tonight!!
 
Heather - time to go to the doctor, she may need an antibiotic or something...

I mailed your Easter box today, priority mail, you'll get it this week!

xxx
 
Oh - and maybe the reason she coughs when she is sleeping and doesn't when she's active is that congestion is building up in her throat when she is asleep, just like when you have allergies or a sinus cold. xxx
 
Amen to what Karen said, Heather! Time to see the Doctor!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?