Tuesday, April 12, 2011

 

Day 1876 - You've GOT to be Kidding Me!

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

So, yesterday I go back to work. I've been off for a week, driven 900 miles (and more) on vacation, and have had my CR-V now for almost 3 years without so much as a ding on it.

So, I am STOPPED at a light with several cars behind me, and THUD - the woman in back of me runs into the back of my car! I admit, it was not more than a love tap, but it really pissed me off. She was obviously not paying attention at all.

So I signaled for her to pull over to the side, and got out to inspect my beautiful Honda CRV 4-door color white. The woman who hit me did the same, but the look on her face told me that she was 100% TERRIFIED that she hit me. She was visibly shaking.

I didn't see any damage other than a very tiny scratch on my rear bumper, so I said, 'I don't see any damage.' She said 'I don't have any either'. I patted her on the arm and said 'Have a nice Monday', and went on my way.

So, Bloggy Dearests, alls well that ends well. Drive carefully today!

Comments:
Aww Mamma!!! Good thing there wasn't damage. A girl did that to me on the highway when I was pregnant.I was so mad, but didn't bother to check the car cuz I knew she didn't hit me hard enough to do damage...annoying though!!
 
Good there was no damage Karen! To add to yesterday's countdown, my birthday May 9 and Eric's BDay May 30--they are visiting me in SF so I'll get to see my cute little Liam!!

Loved the photos--and now we have "family" in the Destin area (Alyssa grew up nearby in a town called "Niceville" LOL ! and her Dad still lives in the area.
 
Very generous, Karen. You might have been with me years ago when you were much younger, perhaps junior high, and I was stopped in traffic on Atwells Ave.that was inching along very slowly, so slowly that I wasn't paying close attention and bumped the pick up truck in front of me. The guy jumped out and ran back to ask me "What do you think you are doing?" I just shrugged my shoulders, and said "Sorry" and we both continued on our way!
 
Hello, glad you don't have a brace on your neck or anything! You could try that angle, though...

In the movies, you would have jumped out and smashed her headlights with a tire iron or something...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?