Thursday, April 07, 2011

 

Day 1871 - Eagle Eye and Eagle Eggs!

Greetings, Bloggy Hatchlings!

I am not much of a 'web watcher', living vicariously through videos and live webcams and such.

HOWEVER - Charlie turned me on to this live webcam set up on a bald eagles nest in Iowa.

Some of the chicks (eaglets?) have hatched, and I almost saw one hatch yesterday at 5:30pm, when the mother got up and I saw the shell start to open, with a glimpse of movement inside!

It was one of the COOLEST things I have ever seen.

Here is the link if you want to watch it sometime - you have to endure a 15 second commercial, but that's not so bad.

http://www.raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/index.html

TTFN and Have a Happy Hatching!

Comments:
I was watching that for a little while too. VERY cool! What a great idea!
Savi and I spent the day at my friends house in Rehoboth. Beautiful day to be outside! Savi and I both have pink cheeks now from all the sun. Bring on the spring weather! :)
 
Very interesting to be able to watch little eaglets hatch! Nice to hear that Heather and Savi are getting some sun--is this at Jenn's house? Tomorrow, April 8, is the anniversary of Gil and my first "date" 6 yrs ago here in Maine, chaperoned by Aunt Mary Ann and Uncle Ray! We'll do something special tomorrow but not sure just what!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?