Wednesday, April 06, 2011

 

Day 1870 - Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Greetings, Bloggy Listeners!

Kids say the funniest things - and I've overheard a few cute ones lately.

If you didn't read this in the comments, my daughter took my 3-year old granddaughter to a baby shower last weekend. The mother-to-be (my cousin) asked Savannah 'Did you bring me this present?' and Savannah replied 'No! That's for the BABY!'

A little boy (who I didn't even know) bragged to me at the pool the other day 'I can ride my bicycle without the training wheels on! AND I'M ONLY FIVE!' I was suitably impressed.

Another funny one involved twin girls, maybe 6 or 7 years old, who evidently are very used to taking turns. They were on vacation, and heading to their hotel room. One said 'It's my turn to use the key!' And the other returned 'Then I get to push the button for the elevator!' Sounds fair to me!

TTFN and I hope you hear something today that makes you laugh!

Comments:
I always love kid quotes because I'm very struck by how simple life is for them and how the simplest things bring them joy.
 
isn't that the GREATEST thing?? I love listening to Savi and her comments on anything and everything. Even the new buds on the trees this morning got her all excited. So many things that we overlook are wonderful and exciting to a little one's eyes!!
 
Easter egg coloring pretty soon! That was one of my favorite things as a kid. xxx
 
That's very cute, very sweet. She was just making sure the present went to the right person.
 
I thought Savi's comment was especially cute, and I did mention it on the blog, I think, on Sunday or Monday. Nice photo of Savi and her dolly. That was taken awhile ago!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?