Saturday, April 02, 2011

 

Day 1866 - Some en-CHANT-ed evening!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Here's a picture of my girls from last summer - I am SOOO ready for warm weather I can't stand it!

Can you believe that I didn't do my 'March in a circle' chant yesterday?

April Fools made a Fool out of me all right...

Speaking of chants, I bought what could be the WORST CD of my life this week at my favorite store - Goodwill. They are only $2.99 and I usually don't bother to return them if they aren't very good, I just donate them right back. This one went back to Goodwill.

It was a chant CD from some mens choir. I had high expectations for it, having enjoyed the Benedictine Monks and other chant CDs.

I didn't read the cover or the liner notes very well, though.

Number one - they weren't good singers at all! Good grief, if I wanted to hear someone DRONE off key, I could (fill in the blank here).It sounded bad, and one track was 10 minutes of badness.

Number two - they were singing in ARABIC, not Latin. What the heck!

The moral of the story is - choral chants make chancy choices... Ha!

Comments:
Haha!!! I didn't know there was anyone alive who LIKED that stuff!!! Chanting CD's Mamma?? I'm a little scared for you now...
 
I can like it if I want to! (just kidding) I listen to something like that once in a blue moon, but NOT that one!
 
Hi again! Had a really nice time at Margaret's baby shower today. Savi had a ball, as usual. Though she seemed REALLY upset and confused by the thought that there was a baby in Margaret's belly. One good laugh was when Margaret went to open the gift we brought her. She said to Savi, "Did you buy this for me?" and Savi replied, "NO! It's for the baby." Everyone laughed. She's so smart. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?