Sunday, March 27, 2011

 

Day 1860 - Showers and Showers

Greetings, Blogregation!

I had a great time at the WEDDING shower yesterday, which happened to be in between morning and afternoon RAIN showers.

It was for the daughter of my very good friend, so I did know several people there, which is a good thing.

We ate, and visited, and played a couple of games. The winner of each game got bragging rights and credit for special party gifts that also went to the bride. I think that was a great idea.

My favorite game was dividing into 4 groups and creating wedding gowns made from toilet paper (this photo is off the internet. I didn't take one of our gals' outfits but they were fabulous).

And I will say that the TP skirt for the girl in the group I was in unraveled JUST like the one in the picture. Drat. We even had the bouquet made from an empty roll with TP roses stuck into it. And TP jewelry, and TP rosettes on her sneakers too!

Another friend is a photographer, and she will be doing the wedding as well. Can't wait to see the pictures!

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Sounds like fun, Karen. I haven't been to a wedding shower in years but don't remember making gowns.

I recently read as story about a gift wrapping "artist" whose core material is toilet paper holders (is that what they are called, the brown cardboard?) She described an amazing number of uses for them.

Regarding "stars" on yesterday's blog, we received them on school papers too.
 
All I can say is "What will they think of next?" Look forward to the pictures!

I'm not surprised you rec'd stars on your papers, too, Nancy--same teachers, no doubt!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?