Thursday, March 24, 2011

 

Day 1857 - Couch Potato (or Potatoe) Part Deux

Greetings, Bloggy Spuds!

I just saw an article on yahoo (from mainstreet.com) that says that Tennessee leads the country as the state with the least active adults.

Oh gee - how proud are we of that?

If you want to read the article, here is the link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112390/states-most-couch-potatoes

And what is UP with this picture using the infamous 'Potatoe' spelling?

I have a busy couple of days coming up at work, so I'll be glued to my desk for the rest of the week.

I plan to 'tune out' distractions using my noise-dampening headphones and playing music. We'll see if that works.

Guess I'd better get to it. Hope you have a great Thursday!

Comments:
What I was taught was to use the e only for the plural of potatoes. The same for tomato. You'd never see tomatoe would you? What inspired you to write about the potato? I read in our local paper that Sen Susan Collins is advocating for the white potato to be reinstated on the list of nutritional foods for the Dept of Agriculture's WIC program. The potato was the only vegetabe excluded from the WIC-approved fruits and vegetables list. Jeepers we were raised on potatoes!
 
Happy Thursday! Back to work tomorrow after 2 days off...I think I can stand the new work schedule! I bunked some of my creative duties and saw a movie today with Mike. Limitless. It was ok. Not great, but somewhat interesting. Mike hated it. LOL.
 
Love the couch "potatoe" photo--also read the article, very amusing. Do you know any couch potatoes in Tennessee, Karen?

I agree Peggy how could they possibly have left the potato off any list? The staple for most of the world's population is rice but in Maine it's the potato!
 
Heather, glad you had time to go to a movie with Mike, good one or not!

Mom - I was writing about COUCH potatoes because Tennessee has so many people who don't exercise. Potatoes are a Weight Watcher power food though, so they are healthy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?