Tuesday, March 22, 2011

 

Day 1855 - On the Banks of Plum Ridiculous!

Greetings, Bloggy Stun-Plums!

I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up some plums while they were on sale for 52 cents a pound.

That's right - 52 cents a pound. I bought a bagfull, and put them in one of those plastic produce bags that all stores have.

At the cash register, I looked at my receipt, and my plums had rung up as nectarines, which were not 52 cents a pound.

I NICELY pointed out the error to the clerk, who then tried to say that I must have nectarines mixed in the bag with the plums, that she rings things up by the code on the item.

I must have said five times 'There are only plums in the bag, nectarines are ORANGE, there is nothing ORANGE in the bag".

The clerk opened my produce bag and took out EVERY SINGLE PLUM, looking for the mystery nectarine. Of course she didn't find any, because I had bought PLUMS, like I said.

She also told me about all the OTHER people who mix different kinds of fruit in the same bag, which to ME implied that she thought I had done the same thing. I told her again that I had purchased PLUMS, and there were only PLUMS in the bag. She never agreed with me.

I guess I got my plums, and a free bag of wind as well! HA!

Comments:
Funnee! In her defense, people probably do try to sneak by with various fruit. I just commented on yesterday's blog.
 
Enough to drive you plum crazy!
 
LOL! What a nut!!! That's crazy.
So, the work saga continues. After a whopping 2 weeks, they decided to change my hours. I told them that, due to childcare restrictions, I could only work the late shift 3 days a week. So now I am ONLY working those 3 days a week...which is ok, I guess. Mike could use the help making calls and doing paperwork for HIS job, which will ultimately make us more money..and I'll have more time to make my tutus and jewelry which will sell well in the Massachusetts store. AND I can spend more time with Savi when I don't have a billion things to do, so I'm kind of glad my new job is full of idiots. And now I'll only have to deal with the psycho doctor twice a week!! Thank goodness for small miracles..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?