Sunday, March 20, 2011

 

Day 1853 - My Aurora Borealis Hurts!

Greetings, Bloggy Aerobicizers!

Before we left for the visitation and funeral yesterday, Charlie and I went to the health club.

The water aerobics instructor could not come yesterday, so GUESS WHO taught the entire 9-10am class, from warm up to stretching afterward?

Yep. You guessed it. Me.

That is a first for me, actually having to think of what to do next, and count out loud, and time our intervals using the clock.

I completely forgot to have anyone take their heart rate, but we don't always do that.

I noticed that all the extra talking and counting while I was exercising made me have to breathe a lot more deeply.

I cracked everyone up referring to my anterior tibialis as my 'aurora borealis'. I asked my students some very important health questions like 'Raise your hand if you've ever wanted to be a mermaid!'

Yes- everyone raised their hand.

Charlie and I will be right back in the pool this morning, then I have laundry and errands and shopping to do this afternoon.

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
That is awesome!!! All that training and now you can train too! How fun!!!
I'm taking Savi and Jen to the zoo today. Supposed to be somewhat warm (high 40's?) and sunny, so why not! Yesterday I met with the store owner in Lakeville and dropped off a few tutus. She said she already had a couple people waiting! Time to get crackin on that!!! I'll be dropping off more soon. :)
 
I'm impressed, Karen, a new skill you can add to your many others--water aerobics instructor! And Heather, sounds like you'll have a good day, too, anc congrats on finding a market for your tutus!
 
Karen, I'm sure you're more entertaining than the regular instructor. I see a new profession in your future!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?