Saturday, March 19, 2011

 

Day 1852 - Farewell to a Friend...

Greetings, Bloggy Readers -

Charlie and I will be attending the funeral today of our friend, Mary, who passed away earlier this week.

She was the wife of one of Charlie's fishing buddies, so we've known her for a very long time, but saw her only rarely.

It is very appropriate that I heard something on the news this morning that Prince William said, while mourning the victims of the earthquakes in Japan and New Zealand.

He said "My grandmother once said that grief is the price we pay for love. Here today, we love, and we grieve."

What a perfect thing to say. If you can grieve, you know you have loved.

Comments:
That IS the perfect thing to say! How nice. Sorry to hear about your friend!
 
Sorry to hear about your friend, Mary. Good memories, I'm sure. Many years ago, a funeral director in E Prov. said that same quote: Grief is the price we pay for loving. How true. Tell Charlie we are thinking of his loss, too.
 
Karen I think about that often. It helps me accept my grief from the loved ones I have lost and inevitably will lose. Yesterday we saw Charlie so happy with his big fish and now today attending a funeral to support a fishing buddy. My thoughts are with you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?