Wednesday, March 16, 2011

 

Day 1849 - Just a Little SPLAT of Spring!

Greetings, Bloggy Buggies!

Driving home last night - the first audible BUG SPLAT of spring hit my windshield. Isn't that nice?

The good news - I didn't feel guilty about it at all. Killing bugs is NOT something I could possibly feel guilty about.

The bad news - if there's one bug, there's 500 million-bazillion bugs just waiting to annoy me in various ways.

Ants around the sink make me crazy.

Spider webs in the corners are creepy.

Wasps buzzing in the windows and crawling under the siding are gross.

Crispy, crunchy beetles scurry and scuttle in scary ways.

Every now and then I have a bad dream where bees or ants or other bugs infest the house I am in. Do you ever have dreams like that? Awful!

So - in retaliation for those bad dreams, I'll be sure to turn on my lights and attract those little critters to my windshield when I'm driving.

Just another month or two and there will be a zillion cicadas hatching here - I'll try to get a picture of them clogging up the windshield wipers.

TTFN and have a nice, bug-free day!

Comments:
Aww, poor little buggies! Savis cousin keeps trying to convince her that bugs are gross and scary. I'm doing my best to convince her otherwise :) you know me and my critters!! Dinner at Lyns tonight. Savi will be excited!
 
You're stuck Karen. The south is teeming with bugs. The only bug I hate is a spider.

Regarding the "Guilty" post, the last thing I feel guilty about is housework. I feel guilty if I'm not nice to someone, spend too much money, eat too much, all kinds of guilt as a mom (not now though). Less as I get older. I liked Marcia's Buddhist comment, and love Heather's comment that she feels guilty in her dreams! Years ago I was telling niece Debi about feeling guilty and she said "Guilt is a worthless emotion." It may be.
 
Hi to all bug lovers and bug haters. Heather, Savi is a natural bug lover like you! It's still too cold here for bugs! We had an inch or two of snow this afternoon--snow that makes the roads greasy (slushy). We're home for the night so we don't care. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's--nice.
 
Greasy?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?