Tuesday, March 15, 2011

 

Day 1848 - Guilt, Guilt, Guilt...

Greetings, Bloggy Guilt Trippers!

Sometimes I feel guilty about the most ridiculous things.

Do you do that too?

Maybe I need a psychiatrist, but the ones I have met are WAY crazier than ME. I mean that.

I feel guilty when the kitchen floor needs washing, or even when it needs sweeping. I remain guilty until it's done, and then a day or two later I start again.

It's only ME, Charlie couldn't care less about the darned old floor. When I moved to Tennessee and REALLY cleaned the kitchen floor for the first time, Charlie remarked 'I didn't know the floor could BE that color!'

The most ridiculous thing I've felt guilty about lately was CITRUS ZEST. That's right - citrus zest. I had some great citrus fruits recently, which I really enjoyed. However, I was nagging myself internally that I 'should have' captured and frozen some of the wonderful zest from the citrus peels instead of throwing them away, though I VERY rarely use citrus zest.

Is that the most ridiculous thing EVER to feel guilty about? Citrus zest... DUH...

TTFN and I hope you can be calm, stable, and guilt free today!

Comments:
Buddhist teachers say that people in the West are very critical of themselves, and that they need to practice "guiltlessness". They need to learn to be easier on themselves, be more loving towards themselves.

So stop being so guilty! Feel guilty about being guilty!
 
I feel guilty about everything!!!!! Even things that I do, or forget to do, in my dreams!! Now THAT is crazy!
 
Heather - might as well chalk that up to genetics... the GUILT GENE...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?