Tuesday, February 15, 2011

 

Day 1820 - Very a-PEEL-ing...

Greetings, Bloggy Bargain Hunters -

Reminder - Valentines chocolates are going to be on clearance, starting today! Yahoo!

I need to go get some individually wrapped chocolates of some sort, I can't resist CLEARANCE.

Speaking of bargains - you might think this is cheap of me, but I just thought 'waste not, want not' and gave it a try.

I made mashed potatoes Sunday night for shepherds pie. I peeled large, red potatoes thickly with a paring knife, and saved all the peels that didn't have an eye or a bad spot on them.

I arranged the peels on some aluminum foil, sprayed them with Butter Pam spray, and sprinkled them with cajun seasoning. I baked them at 400 degrees for half an hour or so, giving them a turn now and then. They were absolutely delicious, just as good as regular french fries or better.

I don't know why I never tried cooking them before - I've always thrown them away if I peeled the potatoes!

TTFN and why not try something new today!

Comments:
What a good idea!! I will have to try that :). I got the package today. Thank you thank you!!!!! Savi loved her gifts and I LOVE mine!! Especially that awesome sweater that I wanted :) Love you!! And Grammy, I got your card! I opened it early, of course. Thank you so much!! Love you!!
 
Yay! Happy Early Birthday, Heather! xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?