Wednesday, February 09, 2011

 

Day 1814 - Midweek and Midlife

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Charlie gave me some early Valentines flowers - red tulips that are just starting to open. BEE-YOU-TI-FUL!

They look alot like these, actually, but mine are even bigger. They are so fragrant you can smell them when you walk into our den!

I am SO ready for spring, but we are supposed to get a snowstorm today. Sheesh.

Moving from spring to summer, I have even been craving watermelon and cantaloupe. I bought a mini watermelon yesterday, but haven't cut it yet to see if it is ripe.

I've read that you're supposed to thump a watermelon and it should sound hollow, AND I've read that there should be yellow on the rind where the melon was on the ground. I choose melons that qualify, and sometimes they're ripe and sometimes they're not!

If you have a better suggestion for choosing ripe melons, please let me know.

TTFN and have a nice Wednesday! Stay warm and hope for spring!

Comments:
Charlie is such a gem!
 
I want some tulips! They look like Spring to me, watermelon not so much. Here that's summer food.
 
I made it home (they let us out early) before the snow started sticking. Charlie just built a fire in the fireplace and we're enjoying some chips n dip!

Yay!
 
I love tulips! Glorious sunshine here--only around 60 though. Debi is in my apartment basking in the sunshine and view.
Peggy, Debi said they are walking around on that roof below my dining room (she was a bit startled!) but they are actually working on the roof above my apartment. In a huge rainstorm we had a few weeks ago, there was as a roof leak that came down within the wall and now there are a few cracks in my beautiful new wall. I should have been suspicious when my painting kept falling down and nails falling out--it was because the wall was soft from the water in the wall. Jeesh!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?