Saturday, February 05, 2011

 

Day 1810 - Confessions of a Flasher...Uh, Hot Flasher

Greetings, Bloggy Flasherettes!

Readers, are you troubled by periodic hot flash episodes?

Do you feel sweat breaking out on your neck and chest?

Do you get hit by a heat wave after eating, taking medicine, or drinking a hot drink?

Do you periodically have to disrobe to cool down, or throw off all the covers in bed, only to be freezing soon after?

If you answered 'Yes' to any of these questions, you have joined the club.

One true story my friend told me when I mentioned hot flashes...

She was dating a younger man (lucky gal!).

She said the good thing about dating younger men is that they don't recognize a hot flash - they think it is THEM and take the credit for getting you all hot and bothered! I found that HILARIOUS.

ONE more day till Superbowl! Have a great weekend!

Comments:
"Yes" to all questions except after taking medicine, food, or a hot drink. I have to laugh at kicking off the bed clothes only to be freezing afterwards! So true. Cute blog, Karen!
 
I do the same, Mamma...yes to ALL. I've had hot flashes forever...more often when I was still drinking caffeine, but still fairly often even now that I don't.
So, sickness update:
Savi is still doing great. I'm still NOT. It will be a week tomorrow that my lovely stomach bug came to visit, and I am hoping that it will chose to end it's stay sooner than later. I AM feeling better than I have been, but still cant eat without landing in the bathroom forever. Not throwing up but still nauseous at times. Not sick enought to sit home though, so today we went to dance class and took a free trial gym class. I THOUGHT Savi loved the gym class, but once it was done, I asked if she wanted to go again sometime and she said "no". welp, guess that sums that up! I'll enroll her in a second gymnastics class where she goes to dance once she turns 3. She really loves it there! Oh, and we might have a real dance recital for her class!! If enough parents sign their kids up, they will have it. Her age group is still optional. If they DO have it, it will be in June. I know of two parents who already said yes, so I'm hoping there will be at least one more so we can do it!!! I'd so love to see Savi on stage...even if she just stands there. lol!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?