Saturday, January 22, 2011

 

Day 1796 - Frozen-ism...

Greetings, Bloggy Storm Chasers -

No, this isn't really my windshield, but I do hate it when ice and salt spray get on my windshield and smear all over during or after a storm. Especially if the sun is out, which makes it even worse.

Then I hit the washer fluid to dissolve it, and... NOTHING. NADA, because the fluid injector is frozen or clogged. Grrrr...

Actually, what happened yesterday was nothing on MY side, the side I need to SEE with. On the passenger side, things were working fine. Sheesh.

When I returned home, it was working fine again, but I remember pulling off the road once in Massachusetts and washing my window with snow when that happened so I could see again.

Be careful today, and hope for an early spring! It's also a good idea to invest $2 in some window washer fluid with antifreeze in it.

Comments:
That is an awful situation when the windshield won't clear. I had to stop once and wash the window with snow when the fluid line was frozen and that was before coming to Maine! Yes, Karen, get the best windshield washer fluid you can! Gil said it's not antifreeze that they put in it, like the car radiator, but something similar, but he didn't know if they have this in the "warmer" Southern States.
 
That day it was teens in the morning and 20's during the day. Bloody well cold! It is right at 32 degrees right now. xxx
 
Southern states aren't as warm anymore! Karen I'm wearing one of your lovely warmer weather tops right now (60's here).

I plan never to be driving in those weather conditions.
 
Its going to be in the low teens and single digits the next few days. Yuck! At least it isn't supposed to snow anymore for a few days!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?