Thursday, January 13, 2011

 

Day 1787 - Ice, Ice, Baby...

Greetings, Bloggy Moms and Pop-sicles!

I pulled this photo out of my archives from last year's ice storm the end of January, 2010.

Remember that? It was bitter cold last January as well.

The day I took this photo, I bundled up - meaning I put my hat and gloves and heavy coat on OVER MY BATHROBE, pulled on some boots, and gingerly walked around the yard snapping photos.

Just a common shrub, when coated with a layer of ice became a glorious work of art. Very pretty, but very hazardous.

The melting and refreezing going on after our snowstorm has created some icy parking lots and back roads. I also wonder how the folks down in Amish country are dealing with their snow - they got at least twice as much as we did further south!

Hey - family and friends in New England - tell us your snow totals from this storm!

Comments:
Not much! Icy, though!
 
Hi all. So we got quite a storm and it wasn't nearly as much as they'd originally predicted. I'd say about 8-10 inches total. My work WAS eventually closed yesterday so Savi and I spent about two hours outside shoveling and building a snowman with my friend's son up the street. (pics on Facebook). It was fun!
Back to work today...the backroads are AWFUL, but the highways are fine.
 
Hi all!

Heather and Cheryl - your packages arrived today, I'll open them tomorrow.

Hugs and thanks!
 
Karen, remember I have that shirt from our cruise--
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?