Wednesday, January 05, 2011

 

Day 1779 - Very Old, and Very Lame!

Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers!

Here's a few stories from yesterday's visit to the health club. The New Years Resolutions have kicked in, the parking lot is full, and there is a big mix of regulars and newbies.

A very old man ALMOST walked into the ladies locker room last night, just as I had finished dressing.

For all I know, he DID walk in before I had finished dressing. He stood in the doorway and called into the room 'Is there a MENS locker room nearby'?

I gently said 'You don't want to go in here, the men's locker room is straight down this hall - do you see the sign that says MENS?' He headed that way, and I hope he made it.

My second story is the 'Lame' story. One of the lap swimmers (a regular) was either trying to be funny or just struggling to say something to us as we wrapped up our water aerobics class. As I put one of those foam pool noodles on the side of the pool, he grinned and said to me 'That's using your noodle!' I immediately opened my mouth to say 'Did you make that up all by yourself?' but I thought that might be rude. I just said 'No comment', and kept my snide remarks to myself.

As my mother would say 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.'

Comments:
On the surface, it seems like he was just making a pun, and expected you to think he was clever. I didn't think it was a put-down about the noodle.
 
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been commenting the blog lately. I haven't really had time to go online at all...other than on my phone at lunch break...lol.

Tonight after work Savi and I went to Lyn's for supper. She made a delicious roast pork with potatoes, carrots, turnips, rolls and applesauce. Jade Lynn was there too so she and Savi 'played'. Playing was mostly Jade trying to hug and kiss Savi, and Savi trying to get away...lol. After supper we went in the living room and I danced with them so both were happy and kept their hands to themselves. Much better. We will do it again next Wednesday =)

OH, and when we pulled up to Lyn's house, Savi said.."AND GRAMMA GIGI??" she was very dissapointed to find out that you weren't there too, Mom. xoxo
 
Aw! That makes my heart happy.

Glad you had a nice time there, Heather, and thanks to Lyn and Steve for being so generous with their house!

xxx
 
Karen, I'm so glad you didn't say anything! I say stuff like that all the time and would be hurt if someone responded that way. When I was swimming laps, I would make comments to the aerobics people (who were taking our lanes, by the way!!) which everyone laughed about--maybe they were thinking the same thing you were!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?