Monday, January 03, 2011

 

Day 1777 - Is it real, or is it Memorex?

Greetings, Bloggy Readers!

First - let me say 'Welcome back!' to those of you who have been enjoying a long, holiday vacation.

Then, I want to tell you a couple stories from the day after Christmas.

Our next door neighbors called to see if it was a good time to stop by. It was 11am, and I was still in my bathrobe. I changed in record time.

They walked over, and presented us with a pan of sausage pinwheels, a delicious and highly caloric southern delicacy. Just imagine flaky layers of dough with sausage instead of cinnamon in all the whorls. They didn't last long.

Story 1 -
As our neighbors came into the den and exchanged pleasantries, they looked at the fire.
Mom from next door: 'That's a beautiful fire!'
Charlie: 'I just built it a minute ago.'
Mom from next door: 'Oh! It's REAL? I thought it was too pretty to be a real fire!'

Charlie was appropriately proud...

Story 2:
Mom from next door: 'Thank you for the jam you sent over. My husband didn't tell us about it. I went to get a dish on the top shelf in the kitchen, and I rarely need to get up there for anything. When I did, there it was, hidden where we couldn't find it!'

I was appropriately proud... I have seen that behavior before.

TTFN and have a nice 'Return to Work' day!

Comments:
Yesterday's photo of Savi looked a lot like Heather to me. Expressive pose.
 
Great stories from your neighbors!
 
Sounds lke you're starting off the New Year's right-you and Charlie receiving accolades for your homemaking skills!
I would love having you for a neighbor, but I am getting your mother as a neighbor so that's good!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?