Wednesday, December 29, 2010

 

Day 1772 - Midweek and Midlife and Mid Holidays!

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here's another cute Savi pic - we can't have too many of those!

We are right between Christmas and New Years - that is the 'Mid Holiday' reference.

I am already rebelling against taking down the tree! The only Christmas clearaway I have done is to put away some (NOT ALL) of my Christmas towels.

So.... inquiring readers want to know what fun things you're planning for New Years Eve!

I plan to go to bed early and just SLEEP my way into the New Year. Doesn't that sound wonderful?

New Years Eve is just about my least favorite celebration. TV is awful, going out is less than fun, and staying up till midnight is draining. I have a new lap blankie with leaves all over it - I like my blankie better than New Years Eve.

TTFN and have a great Wednesday!

Comments:
Yeah, I say leave the tree up! At least for 12 days!
 
Hey Karen,

Yup I agree, New Years Eve is overrated. But, I love the time off ;^)
CLS
 
Everyone asked what I'm doing my last new years eve in SF-just what I did the last few years (and what I did when Eric was growing up)-champagne, cheese, pate, French baguette, watching New Year's Eve arrive all over the world on tv (sometimes I've even bought caviar, not this year!). I may also watch my new Giants World Championship season DVD. I'm getting my hair done in the afternoon, and may go to a 6:30 movie in my neighborhood.

We have a beautiful fireworks show on the Embarcadero but too much work to get there and too many drunks! I will not go outside in my neighborhood after 10 pm- it will be a zoo! I've been to many New Years parties with waaayyy too much alcohol in my lifetime--not my thing at this stage in my life.
 
Another thought--about the tree, you can keep it up until Epiphany, January 6.
 
I agree with Marcia and Nancy--Epiphany is the 12th day of Christmas, and the proper time to take the tree down. Having said that we took our tree down today--the needles were falling too fast as it was not a freshly cut tree.

We're staying home for New Year's too and I bought some frozen large shrimp and cocktail sause, some spinach artichoke dip, also frozen, and some little frozen snacks. In the early afternoon we'll pick Joe and Peg up and eat at Cole Farms.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?