Sunday, December 26, 2010

 

Day 1769 - Christmas Clearance, Anyone?

Greetings, Bloggy Princes and Princesses!

Are you going to hit the after-Christmas clearance sales today? I don't know if I will or not. Usually I avoid the crowds.

Here's a great picture of Savannah on Christmas morning, wearing her Christmas princess outfit. She has a doll with the same outfit. How cute is THAT, especially with her elephant pjs on underneath it?

So - did everyone have a great Christmas? We sure did!

Our dinner was delicious. On my food soapbox, I am telling you that a properly cooked tenderloin roast rivals any prime rib I've ever had, and of course we had GRAVY to go with it.

The cranberry/apple stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans with ham, and pearl onions were also good, but the roast was the star of the show.

I have to tell the story about the roast. I bought a whole tenderloin (on sale, of course!) and asked the supermarket butcher shop to make it into a roast for me, and tie it with butchers twine.

Not only did they do an excellent job of that - they took all the scraps, ground them up, and included maybe a pound and a half (2 meals worth) of the most incredibly delicious tenderloin hamburger in the package with the roast. That was a very welcome surprise.

TTFN and have a great day-after-Christmas. The countdown to New Years is ON!

Comments:
Hey - all you New Englanders, get milk and bread because you are going to get a ton of SNOW!

Be careful if you have to drive.

xxx
 
I braved the crowds and bought some gift bags for next year...and a few boxes of new lights for outside.
we are expecting a HUGE snowstorm, so there really weren't that many people out. everyone that was out was already talking about rushing home before the bad snow came. It was only flurrying at the time.

We are supposed to get about 4 inches today, another 8 or so tonight, and then a few more tomorrow...maybe I'll have an EXTRA short week?!
 
We're getting the same amount of snow as Heather. The snow blowers will be purring tomorrow. Watching the Sound of Music tonight--I love that movie!

Beef tenderloin better than prime rib, Wow!

Savannah looks adorable!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?