Friday, December 24, 2010

 

Day 1767 - Christmas Eve And All Is Well!

Greetings, Bloggy Stocking Hangers!

I really like this picture - it has all the appropriate Christmas Eve elements!

There is snow falling outside, a beautiful tree, candles all aglow, stockings hung by the chimney with care, snacks for Santa, and PRESENTS!!

The square sofas are a mystery - but I'll get over it (she said with a smile). I am totally excited about Christmas, and I am not ashamed to admit it.

The weather people are even predicting the first White Christmas here in SEVENTEEN YEARS! If we get any kind of measurable snow at all, it will officially be a White Christmas.

Charlie and I are going to have a wonderful Christmas Eve - and it won't require much effort. No alarm clock, a nice breakfast, a swim at the health club, some cooking, some cleaning, and some Southern Comfort to dress up the eggnog sounds like PERFECTION.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Weekend! Merry Christmas!

Comments:
Merry Christmas Eve! Thanks to the holiday landing on a weekend, I get to spend today with my little chickadee! I still need to wrap gifts (since they cant go under our tree until last minute or the dogs will eat them...) and run to the dollar store for a few little goodies for savi's stocking. I'm not going crazy with candy and stuff, so I'll get a couple snack bags of chips or pretzels and maybe some little cookies.
We will visit Lyn and Steve Saturday at some point, and Sunday we go to Disney Princess on Ice!! Savi is going to LOVE IT!
 
Sounds great, Heather.

Merry Christmas, and I'll phone you sometime, or you can phone me!

xxxxooooo
 
Yes, Merry Christmas Eve! We have 3 things to do tonight. First a walk down memory lane at the WP UU Church candlelight service, then go to Mary Ann's for her Christmas Eve Open House, then to an 11:30 Congregational Church service to welcome in Christmas. I still have my cold since Monday so I shouldn't be contagious. I'd almost rather be home having egg nog (without the Southern Comfort!) I love that homey picture, Karen. We've had some nice Christmases over the years, and now "Early Christmases"! Gil's daughter, Brenda and family will be with us tomorrow--that will be nice!

Talk to you, children and grands and great-grands tomorrow. Heather, Disney Princess on Ice will be wonderful for Savi. Same as dancing, only on skates.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?