Sunday, December 19, 2010

 

Day 1762 - Goin' Postal...

Greetings, Bloggy Priority Mailers!

Yes, this is a very appropriate photo of the LONG lines at the post office. See the gal with the baby, READING A BOOK IN LINE?

And who was there yesterday to mail a package? Yep, yours truly.

I knew I was in trouble when I saw the entire parking lot was full, upper level and lower level.

Inside, there was a long line to get to the counter, a long line to get to one do-it-yourself postage station, and another long line to get to the other do-it-yourself postage station.

There were two funny moments during my long wait.

Funny moment 1: An elderly women came in and petitioned the line of customers asking 'can anyone help me get a zip code'? Instantly people whipped out their iphones and blackberries in a flurry of internet activity that was a sight to behold. They googled. They advised each other on how to get the information the fastest. They were SO proud of their smart phones, and one woman quickly produced the zip code in question.

Funny moment 2: People were getting pretty sick of standing in line, though everyone was trying to be patient. You could feel the tension. Just then, a father who was carrying his small daughter was leaving the building. The little girl (maybe 4 years old) started singing 'Fa la la la la, la la la la!' That made everyone smile, and the tension lifted.

TTFN and have a nice Sunday! Enjoy these last few days till Christmas, and the full moon too!

Comments:
I was the last one in line before they closed the doors on the rest of the people trying to get in. There was a woman with a back problem who was sitting apart from the line because she couldn't stand up that long. The staff asked the customers if she could go ahead of others, and she did. The poor staff was frantic to get all their preparations done before the truck came, but I think they made it. I sent you a CD, Karen, from a concert I did last year, that has a nice packaging and notes inside. Mom and Lyn and David will get one, too.
 
After a lovely time like that, doesnt ONLINE postage sound better, Mamma?? LOL! With options like that, I'm surprised the lines are still so long at the post office! I even buy my stamps online now. The ONLY time I go to the post office is for something really unexpected...
 
I'm with you, Heather. I will investigate doing it myself online, as long as my package will fit in my mailbox!

Making breakfast, then off to the health club.

xxx
 
You can schedule a free pickup at your house and just leave your package on your stairs? That's what I do...I leave everything right under the mailbox or on the front stairs =)
 
Wow, the new world of online postal services. Gil wants to know if there's any way that mailing packages can cost less(Ha Ha). He spent $50. Thurs to mail 4 packages and 2 bubble envelopes (these cost about $2.50 each to mail).
 
Yes! Send gift cards! xxxx
 
P.S. - I'm happy with the winner of Survivor this year! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?