Friday, December 17, 2010

 

Day 1760 - Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Greetings, Christmas Tree Toppers!

It's Friday, Hooray! You know what to do - carol in a circle singing 'Fri-day! Christ-mas! Fri-day! Christ-mas!'

Here's my Christmas tree - decorated and everything. The photo I put on Facebook didn't have anything but the lights on it.

The texture of the picture looks a bit grainy because I turned off the flash to capture the blue and white lights. Someday I want the big, multicolored bulbs like my sister has on her tree.

My most fancy ornaments came from Marcia quite a few years ago. I haven't broken one of them!

I keep most ornaments in those cookie gift tins you get at Christmastime - they protect the glass ones really well. I have several boxes and tubs in the hall closet of Christmas stuff.

Other favorite Christmas things are my 'faux' presents under the tree. These are just small, empty wrapped boxes with decorations on top of them like toys.

I bought them years ago at a craft fair, and I take them out every year and put them under the tree. That way the tree doesn't look 'empty' when there aren't any presents underneath it.

That's my tree - and I love it! Merry Christmas in one more week!

Comments:
Very beautiful and festive. I zoomed in to see the individual ornaments. You are so talented and creative, Karen!
This year I bought at Gumps a box of three beautiful German ornaments for "Baby's First Christsmas" and sent those and a "Baby's First Christmas" stocking to Eric and Alyssa.

I haven't had a tree since Eric moved away but do put Christmassy things around including a live wreath from Maine from dear sister Peggy. Our tree always had the large multi-colored bulbs I loved as a child--it was funny to hear Eric a few Christmasses ago scolding his former girlfriend (who had never even had a tree before), that a tree should not have small lights but the multicolored ones.
Next year I will have a tree again, from the Maine woods!!
 
Karen, Your tree is just lovely! Speaking of bulbs, Gil has the large bulbs--red, blue, green, and I have small ones. We agreed when I moved here to have my small lights every other year to be fair, but I like the large ones, too, so we haven't used the smaller ones. I love your "faux" presents.

We had lunch at Market Square with Eleanor and Milt, and tonight I'm attending Debi's dance program which includes all the different ages of kids she teaches. Gil's staying home to relax in front of the wood stove.

Have a good weekend everyone and don't spend too much money! And Gil and I thank all of you for our presents last weekend and Lyn and Steve for their hospitality! A wonderful "Early Christmas"!
 
I'm glad you still have ornaments that I gave you. I'm sorry for seeming ungrateful about presents at early Christmas, I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Please don't be afraid to give me things because I might refuse them!
 
Oh Marcia! You were just fine. Nothing wrong with being HONEST if you aren't going to use something! You have never been rude about it so no one should have hurt feelings.

Mom your tree looks awesome!!! I never had much more on my tree but white lights, silver balls and red bows. Now I use color lights (for Mike) and am starting to collect ornaments that people have given me for Savi =)
 
Marcia - don't you worry about a thing.

I would vote to just do presents for the kids or draw names or skip the adult gifts altogether. We get together so we can BE together, not for the presents.

And yes, I love my tree!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?