Tuesday, December 07, 2010

 

Day 1750 - Beekeepers can COOK!

Greetings, and How you Bee?

Yep, we had a great time at the Beekeepers Banquet - and I'll tell you, they know how to BEE sociable!

Buddy Joe and his Dad attended, and we had an extra nice time with them there.

We even won some door prizes including a Christmas coffee mug filled with hard candy, and a Christmas themed ornament on a stake that you put in a planter.

Dinner was potluck. I can't possibly list ALL the dishes, but I'll give it a try:

Turkey, Ham
Stuffing and Gravy and Rolls
Salads including potato salad and bean salad
Mac N Cheese
Green Beans
Green Bean Casserole
Broccoli Casserole
Fried Corn
Cakes
Pies

As Charlie would say 'I'm full as a tick'. Or a BEE, I guess.

TTFN and have a great Tuesday!

Comments:
sounds like fun. Fried corn??

I had my photo taken with the Giants World Series trophy last night. Very exciting. Of course afterwards I had to buy Giants stuff for Eric and Liam (only one little ole tshirt for me)--20% coupon received at photo taking. The restaurant outside the ballpark was 20% off too but they ran out of food by the time we arrived! A lot of people were watching the Patriots/Jets game. What a rout!!
 
Frahd cawn? (with an accent)
 
What is fried corn? Inquiring minds want to know (ignorant northerners, I guess we are!)

Gifts and cards and money were the focus of the last 2 days, getting ready for "Early Christmas"!

Nancy, sounds like a special night with your Giants! Yes, we watched most of the Patriots' game and couldn't believe it!
 
Fried corn is corn scraped off the cob with the corn milk, then fried (aka) sauteed in a frying pan with some butter and seasonings.

Kind of a cross between pan fried niblets corn and creamed corn.

Highly delectable!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?