Monday, October 18, 2010

 

Day 1700 - Name That RoadKill... or...
UFO Sighting


Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

First - check out this adorable photo of Miss Savi in the pumpkin patch.

She looks so cute in that sweater, and I think she would have had a hard time lifting THAT pumpkin!

Next - do not read further if you are extremely upset by the thought of roadkill.

I'm just telling the truth. I'm not saying it's a good thing for cars to run over animals and birds. I hate it if a bird flies into my car, or a squirrel runs across the road at the wrong time. However, it happens.

When I pass roadkill (which is regularly) I can't help noticing that the same thoughts go through my mind every time. That is what makes any topic blog worthy, even this one.

My first thought is to make sure I avoid it - I don't want to drive through animal debris.

My second thought is the UFO (Unidentified Furry Object, or Charlie suggested Unidentified Flattened Object) question.

What WAS that animal? Do I recognize what 'it' used to be?

Most of the time I can, but sometimes I can't! That is pretty bad.

I admit, if the roadkill was a wild animal, I feel less sympathetic than if it was a dog or cat that I know was someone's pet. I really do feel bad if I see a cat or dog at the side of the road.

That's all. Feel free to tell me whether you do that too, or not! TTFN!

Comments:
I do it too! But my thoughts ususually start with 'OH Poor___" and if I don't have a name of an animal to add to the blank, I usually just say 'awful'. And if I see a dog or cat, it makes me cry. I'm such a geek.

Mike wants to make a roadkill calendar. He will take the pics on his weekend road trips...If he ever does it, I think it would turn out funny!!
 
Roadkill, oh my! That's a conversation stopper!

Nancy, sorry SF lost to the Phillies last night. We went to bed just before the Phillies had their 4-run 7th inning. I'm glad I didn't see that.
 
Tomorrow is another day for our Giants. I'll be there, in my section where foul balls bounce on the brick wall in far right (I'm two sections over from the wall, 9 rows up b/t Visitors bull pen pitching mound and bullpen catcher.)

Roadkill, ugh. Savi and pumpkins, MUCH BETTER.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?