Thursday, September 23, 2010

 

Day 1675 - Maters, Maters, Who Got the Maters?


Greetings, Bloggy Tomato Tasters!

Charlie told me an interesting tale about the breakfast adventure he and TY had yesterday.

They are regulars at a restaurant in Lynchburg, TN, where they go for breakfast before they go fishing.

They had a new waitress yesterday, so they needed a little extra explanation regarding what they wanted to drink, and their breakfast order.

TY asked if they had any sliced tomato available to have with the breakfast. The waitress indicated that 'Granny was cuttin' 'em up now', which meant 'yes'.

No tomatoes arrived, and TY mentioned this to the waitress. The waitress acted surprised and said 'I put a plate of 'em over there' - and pointed to another table full of customers.

TY said 'Well, am I supposed to go over there and get 'em?' The waitress turned, went to the other table, collected the plate of tomatoes, held them while TY put a few on his plate, then put the plate of tomatoes back on the other table.

I just don't know what to say, so I won't say anything. Comment if you want to!

Comments:
I'm speechless!
 
I don't know what to say either!
 
How exciting and stimulating this blog is!!
 
Do they really say "maters" in Lynchburg?

And let's not forget that today is grandson, Chris' 31st birthday! I almost forgot since we celebrated his birthday 2 wks ago here in Maine. Happy Birthday Chris!
 
Well, she's not the greatest waitress in the world, is she?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?