Tuesday, September 14, 2010

 

Day 1666 - Twofer Tuesday!


Greetings, Bloggy Twofers-

Is this a 'two-fer' picture, or what? This is my son, by the way- clowning around as usual for the camera.

He has TWO arms up, and TWO fingers up on each hand... Twofers right? Peace, man... Peace...

Speaking of peace - I mean, piece - I am enjoying my second (read that as TWO) piece of spanakopita this evening. Spanakopita is spinach pie, by the way.

I have been on such a spinach kick lately - spinach pizza, spinach pie, creamed spinach over pasta, spinach, spinach, spinach...

One more spinach story...

I went to the coffee station at work yesterday to get a cup of coffee. A guy was wringing out the appetizingly green water from a plastic bag that he had cooked some spinach in for breakfast! He appeared to be a health nut. Cooking the spinach in a plastic baggie was new to me, hope he didn't get contaminated by the plastic.

One more spinach story...

My grandfather's favorite breakfast was soft boiled eggs and spinach from a CAN. I won't eat spinach from a can. Not no way, not no how. Won't do it.

Gotta go! TTFN and have a great Twofer Tuesday!

Comments:
Spinach from a can is great in spinach pie, Mamma! Really, I mean it! I use it all the time. Yummo! I have used it for spinach and cheese stuffed shells too. Just wouldn't eat it RIGHT OUT OF THE CAN...gross. LOL!
 
Spinach is high in calcium. Be sure to take a good calcium/magnesium/d supplement... not one from the grocery store; from the health food store.
 
Evan is the best!

Glad to hear there is a use for canned spinach, Heather!

You must need iron, Karen. We have fresh spinach once a week for that reason. Have to buy some spaniakopita (spelling)!
 
Heather - email me your spinach pie recipe! xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?