Wednesday, September 08, 2010

 

Day 1660 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here's a darling photo from Labor Day weekend.

Savannah is playing with a toy kitty that was MY sisters toy at an early age. YES, you read that right. That toy is an antique.

I have a funny to tell from Monday. On Monday, I saw two political signs, fairly close together, on the same road.

One was for Ty COBB.
One was for Sheila BUTT.

Now, when you put COBB and BUTT together in the same thought - you just HAVE to giggle about it! I could say SOOO many things, but I won't.

I also have a confession. Here goes....

I got some 'free' return address labels from a charity. They hope I will send a donation to them in exchange for the labels. I get several different sets of labels a year from different charities, and I don't usually donate to those charities.

YES, I donate plenty - but not to the label places. But do I use the labels? Yep, if I didn't use them it would be wasteful, wouldn't it?

Do you do that???

TTFN and have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
We're taking my friend, Anita, to the bus station this am, after a nice visit.

Beautiful picture of Savi. Actually that kitty was a gift to Lyn from my mother. Isn't that something?

Yes, I use many labels from charities I do not donate to. And yes, I donate plenty, as do you.

Heather, Congratulations to Mike--sure hope that works out!
 
that kitty looks awfully familiar. Do you think mama gave our kitty to Lyn? Or we had a similar kitty?

I do use labels from all kinds of charities and do give to a couple of them but not because they send labels.

So happy for Mike and Heather!!
 
I use the labels, though I haven't gotten any in a long time! I have used the cards too when those are sent. =)

Thanks everyone. We are super excited about this new opportunity. Mike meets with the company next tuesday in New York. He will get his start date and schedule then.
I am also attempting to try something new. I applied for a teaching position at Lincoln Tech. They are looking for people to teach their Medical Assistant Course. (Just like I took at Sawyer). They only require 6 years experience in the field, no teaching experience. They have already responded to my application/resume and want to meet with me. In fact, she is replying to my second email as I type...so we will see what, if anything, comes of that!!
 
and her email was offering an interview tomorrow afternoon, which I am taking. I meet her tomorrow at 1:00 to discuss the position =)
 
Good for you, Heather!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?