Thursday, August 19, 2010

 

Day 1640 - Are you going to Frye-burg Fair? Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme...


Greetings, Bloggy Fair Followers!

Here's a great picture of the Horse pulling at the Fryeburg Fair in Maine last year.

I might as well just go ahead and tell you a little bit about the Fryeburg Fair in Maine, Maine, Maine.

Because the growing season 'up they-ya' doesn't get going till MAY or so - the Fryeburg Fair doesn't happen till Columbus weekend, in October. Read all about it if you want to...

http://fryeburgfair.com/

It was so cold one year there were snow flurries, and I had to put snow jackets and mittens on the kids. Brrrr....

The Fryeburg Fair is huge, and has everything you could want in a county fair, and more. One year we almost hit a moose in the dark - that doesn't happen in Wilson County, Tennessee. One year I took a wrong turn and ended up between Portland and Saco, Maine, more than an hour out of my way. Oops.

If you go - you have to have a crisp candy apple, made with local Maine apples. The best ones ever. Also - don't miss the doughboys (deep fat fried dough smothered with butter and sugar - I like mine with butter and salt, but that's just me).

Now I'm starving.... TTFN and enjoy the Fair if you go!

Comments:
Next year in Fryeburg with Savi, Heather! Don't listen to your mother, it's usually "crisp" not cold in the fall. She's gotten soft after all of her years in a warm climate. The Doughboys there are outstanding. I can't eat candied apples--too much metal in my mouth.
 
Sounds yummy to me! We will be there, crisp or cold...lol!
I have to play hookey tomorrow...Janet is away and Mike is leaving for Florida for a job interview in the morning, so I have no sitter. Bummer. (oh, and no the job itself isn't in Florida, unfortunately...) Gonna do something fun with my baby tomorrow =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?