Wednesday, August 18, 2010

 

Day 1639 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

There's nothing 'Middlin' about the Wilson County Fair in Lebanon, TN.

Apart from the Fryeburg Fair in Maine, the Wilson County Fair is my absolute favorite.

It started the 13th, and runs through next weekend, I think!

I can just smell the fried dough, french fries, and the walkaway tacos. A walkaway taco is made by splitting a bag of fritos open the long way, and putting the taco meat (or chili), cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc right over the fritos in the bag.

Then they hand over the whole thing to you with a fork sticking out of it, and you can walk around and eat it at your leisure. They are WONDERFUL.

Here's a link to the fair website if you are interested...

http://www.wilsoncountyfair.net/

What else do they have there? Everything you could possibly want in a county fair, that's what!

They have animal shows and judging, a midway, a demolition derby, tractor pulls, lawnmower races, clogging and entertainment, a grange hall, a pioneer days area, and that's just getting started!

If you live in Tennessee - I highly recommend going to the Wilson County fair.

TTFN and have a nice Midweek!

Comments:
OMG I've never even HEARD of a walkaway taco. I want one now now now!!!
 
Hey, I like that picture
 
Hey, without looking at the picture: How many cows?

I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me.
 
Walkaway tacos--how clever to use the Fritos bag.
County fairs are great. When I was a teenager it was a great way to scope out guys. Starting next year I can go to the Fryeburg Fair every year--I can still look at guys but no one will look back!

Marcia, that cold breeze in Nantucket has frozen your brain!
 
Hey Nancy, lets make it a date! Next year, I'll take Savi up for Fryeburg!
 
Heather - bring a snowsuit and mittens to the Fryeburg Fair for Savi. One year there were FLURRIES!

They have the best candy apples and doughboys at the Fryeburg Fair - hands down.

Someday when I retire I'll go to the fair with you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?